Something we’ve grown accustomed to on Cape Breton Island is embracing winter. And with only a few weeks until the snow falls, a classic Nova Scotia winter getaway is likely on the horizon for many. Although there are several decent places throughout the province, discerning travelers will say Cape Breton offers a coastal allure you’ll want to experience in winter. Whether snowshoeing on the trails at Cabot Shores or cross-country skiing amid snow-packed backcountry, our cherished isle boasts an endless array of outdoor activities.
Unique Places to Stay on the Cabot Trail
Adventure is at the forefront of the itinerary when planning a Nova Scotia winter getaway on Cape Breton Island. Still, there’s something to be said about a warm, relaxing stay within the comfort of your chalet, yurt, or geodesic dome. One of the aspects that separates Cabot Shores from many other destinations is our unique accommodations with ideal access to the Cabot Trail. Our common rooms in Whiff’s Lodge offer a nice place to hang out with guest Wi-Fi between your adventures.
- The upstairs Great Room has a fireplace, cozy couches, and several books.
- The downstairs Common Room has ping pong and pool tables, more books, and fun board games.
Enjoying the Cape Breton Winter at Cabot Shores
Cape Breton is perfect for a Nova Scotia winter getaway, whether you want to stay on the property or explore the island. Not only will you enjoy fewer people on the island, but there are still plenty of things to do when it’s cold and snowy. And if you’d rather stay close to home, you’ll still find several ways to spend your time.
- There’s no better time for a digital detox than winter. Hang out next to the fireplace with that book you’ve been meaning to read, or head to the recreation room and play some games. Either way, some time off your phone or laptop isn’t a bad idea.
- Wellness is vital during winter, so consider a revitalizing soak in the hot tub, a steamy sauna session, or morning meditation.
- Our property is near some of the best cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails. Otherwise, you can rent a pair of snowshoes from us and explore the property.
- If you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping way to enjoy the snow, downhill skiing at Cape Smokey is only 40 kilometers from Cabot Shores.
Remarkable Cabot Trail Accommodations for Winter
A Nova Scotia winter getaway on Cape Breton Island is a surefire way to get the most out of the season while creating cherished memories. With our Family Winter Getaway Package and Snow Much Fun Package, you can elevate your stay and dive head-first into the best winter ever. Find out more by visiting us online or calling 866-929-2584 today! And be sure to check out our gift certificates and give the gift of an unforgettable adventure!