Every season is a great time to escape from it all with a camping trip to Nova Scotia, and winter is no exception. Located along the Indian Brook river, the campsites at Cabot Shores Wilderness Retreat are the perfect place to enjoy a refreshing escape. Breath in the crisp winter air while exploring the stunning vistas, trails and activities found throughout Cape Breton Island.
What to Pack for Your Winter Camping Adventure
Winter on Cape Breton Island generally lasts from Mid-December to Mid-March, with temperatures averaging between 0 and -15°C. This means an enjoyable winter camping experience requires the right gear to help keep you warm and dry, including:
- Four-season tent
- Cold-weather sleeping bag
- Heavyweight Down Jacket
- Sled in case your campsite is not accessible by car
Winter Resorts in Nova Scotia | Things to Do during a Winter Getaway
Finding adventures is not a difficult task during your winter getaway at our Nova Scotia resort. Whether you’re enjoying a family vacation or a romantic escape, there is plenty to do that’ll have you exploring this winter wonderland.
- Rent snowshoes and explore trails on the property
- Go downhill skiing at Cape Smokey
- Relax with our range of amenities focused on wellness and healing, like Qi Gong, morning meditation and barrel sauna
- Take in the stunning scenery on a cross-country skiing adventure either on the property or one of the nearby trails
- Stop by Whiff’s Lodge for some friendly competition of ping pong in the Common Room
Experience Winter Camping on Cape Breton Island
With its range of lodging options and proximity to area activities, Cabot Shores is the perfect place to book your Nova Scotia camping adventure this winter. The only way to experience the beauty of Cape Breton Island is to see it for yourself. To learn more about how to book your ideal stay at our resort, call 866-929-2584. Don’t forget to ask about our seasonal packages to learn how to enhance and save on your visit!