This is the perfect dessert to enjoy with family in front of a cozy fire or while watching your favorite Christmas movie. It doesn’t take too many ingredients to create something delicious!
- 180 grams of dark chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60ml) of sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) of liquid whipped cream
- Optional: add 2 tbsp of brandy or a splash mint extract or crush candy cane for a special flavor
- On a double boiler, melt the chocolate on low heat and stir regularly. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a big bowl, mix the egg yolks and the sugar with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes, until it’s creamy and light color
- Add the chocolate (and the optional brandy or mint abstract if desired), mix well
- Add the cream and slowly fold it in until you get a uniformed texture. Transfer into small jars and ready to eat.
Tip: I personally refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, all the flavors come out when you eat it cold.