Located on the Atlantic side of the Cabot Trail, Cabot Shores is a second home to guests from all over the world. We offer a range of traditional and unique accommodations, outdoor adventures, wellness services, cultural activities and serve nutritious meals in our Bistro. We are an eco-friendly resort and use non-toxic cleaning products and detergents. Join our team of hardworking, fun-loving staff and spend the summer in a beautiful setting, enjoying activities onsite such as meditation, Qi Gong, kayaking, hiking, swimming, music jams, and more.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping and dusting
- Cleaning and maintaining to standard common spaces such as the main lodge, dining area and great room, common room, washrooms, etc.
- Cleaning to standard a variety of lodge rooms, chalets, yurts, treetop geodesic domes, event space, etc.
- Cleaning outdoor bathroom/shower houses, outhouses, composting toilets
- Assisting the Lead Housekeeper in daily duties
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Enjoy working outside (whatever weather condition is), long walking distance and can handle heat
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Enjoy being in a rural area of Cape Breton
- Position is part time in June, full time in July & August, and part time in September & October with possibility for winter work depending on occupancy
- Hourly wage (depends on experience) plus shared tips
- Some staff housing available (inquire)